Rhythm Kids is an exciting music, movement, and drumming class for children Kindergarten through second grade (ages 5-8). Children integrate and assimilate rhythm into their lives as they:
- learn multicultural drumming patterns
- develop new repertoire on various percussion instruments
- explore movement and dance while singing songs
- play games based on music and drumming
- have fun with a host of rhythm activities
This unique African drumming based program includes drumming, singing, dancing and lots of rhythmic games. Featuring the African djembe along with other percussive instruments, children will engage in activities designed to enhance their musical knowledge and abilities.
- 9 weekly, 45 minute drop off classes
- 2 CD's and a book each session
- access to online in-home activity pages
- access to online video tutorias and play alongs
Students are provided with a djembe in class but can also bring their own hand drum if desired.